Thursday, September 8, 2011

Trying to Learn Some Apologetics

I just finished listening to my pastor's study on Christian apologetics. I love that my God is not only my Savior from sin and hell, but He is logical.  Our faith is logical.  Contrary to popular belief, Christians do not have to leave their brain at home when they go to church.  Well, I'm sure some do, but we don't need to!

I want to eventually have some of this apologetics stuff ingrained in my brain, so that I can share it with my sceptic friends when I share Jesus or with my Christian friends when they have legitimate questions about how we can believe what we believe. My poor little brain is having a hard time processing all this great information. I believe repetition and teaching is the key to knowing and understanding new material, so I am going to keep listening to lessons like my pastor put out and reading books on the topic.  It's time to go listen to Pastor Lance's study again.

Here is a link to all of his lessons on Sermon Audio.

He used I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist by Norman L. Geisler and  Frank Turek as part of his study.

 

I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Here are some other great books and websites on Christian apologetics that I love:

The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus Lewis's Mere Christianity (Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis (Paperback - Feb. 6, 2001))More Than a Carpenter

Answers in Genesis: http://www.answersingenesis.org/
Ravi Zacharias International Ministries: http://www.rzim.org/
Summit Ministries: http://www.summit.org/resources/research/category/apologetics/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...